Monday, January 7, 2013

Cheers for the heatwave

Today is Tuesday. Tuesday, January the 8th in the year of 2013. Just quietly... last year went all too quickly. But back to today, it is a giant sauna. Sydney is experiencing hell on earth in the way of forty-two degree temperatures. It's mighty ridiculous. I've become a hermit inside my house, which is situated at the bottom of a ditch which means it is somewhat cooler than the temperatures outside. I'm hibernating to the point that I haven't really even stepped outside of my lounge room. It's 2.14 in the afternoon. I tried, but as soon as I swung the door open I was slapped in the face by a tidal wave of sweltering wind. Disgusting. Heinous. Just plain inconvenient. I wanted to go for a run this morning but well... I accidentally slept through my alarm and woke up at 9.30 and you know what? It was already about thirty-five degrees. Not cool weatherman, not cool. So now I've watched two movies, tralled the internet and drunk about three glasses of iced lemon cordial. And here I am complaining.. Who am I kidding, life's pretty good. Please excuse me while I make myself some more cordial.

No comments:

Post a Comment